Signing Out of Google Drive on Shared Devices
The Google Apps rely on a website cookie in order to authenticate. When you sign out of the apps, you also need to clear your website data, particularly in cases where users have clicked the “Remember Me” option on some website.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR IPAD 1 & 2
For legacy 32bit iOS devices (iPad Mini 1 and iPad 2’s) you will need to follow these addition steps to ensure that other users cannot access your google drive files.
- Click settings app.
- Scroll on left column and select Safari.
- On the right of the new screen, scroll to the bottom and click advanced.
- On the right of the new screen, click Website data.
- On the right of the new screen, scroll to the bottom and click Remove all website data.
- Now turn off the iPad by holding in top button until the “slide to power off” button shows.
Note: if the user fails to turn off the iPad, the next user will be able to sign in as the previous user without entering a password. The cached credentials are only invalidated after a reboot.